System of education of Ukraine
System of Education of Ukraine is regulated by the Laws of Ukraine "On Education", "On Higher Education" and includes:
- preschool education;
- general secondary education;
- out-of-school education;
- vocational technical education;
- higher education;
- postgraduate education;
- doctoral studies;
The structure of higher education of Ukraine is organized in accordance with the educational systems of the developed countries of the world, which are supervised by UNESCO, the United Nations and other international organizations.
Bachelor’s training is carried out on the base of full secondary education. The term of training is usually 3-4 years. Graduates who successfully passed the state certification receive a Bachelor's Degree, which gives the right to carry out professional activities and the right to enter a master's program.
Master's qualification is acquired on the basis of a bachelor's qualification. The master's preparation period is usually 1-2 years. Graduates undergo a state certification. Those who have successfully passed the state certification receive a Master's degree, which gives them the right to carry out their professional activities and the right to enter postgraduate study.
Education of foreign citizens is regulated by the following legislation:
- The Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education" from 01.07.2014 No. 1556-VII;
- "The procedure for organizing recruitment and training (internships) for foreigners and stateless persons" approved by the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No. 1541 from 01.11.2013.
Coordination of the admission of foreign citizens for study in higher educational institutions of Ukraine is carried out by the Ukrainian State Center for International Education under the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Higher education for foreign citizens
Higher educational institutions of Ukraine offer foreign students studies with Russian, Ukrainian, English and French medium of instruction which consists of the following steps:
- Step 1: Pre-university training (1 academic year) is necessary for citizens who choose to study in Russian (Ukrainian).
- Step 2: Education on the qualification level "Bachelor" (4 academic years).
- Step 3: Training on the qualification level "Master" (1,5–2 academic years).
- Step 4: Postgraduate education (residency, postgraduate study, doctoral studies).